The customer is one of the largest energy companies in the U.S. They are focused on the discovery and development of unconventional onshore oil and natural gas assets in a very large and diverse geographical area.
The customer encountered technical issues while performing a manual installation of Citrix XenApp.
- Citrix VDI farm suitable for the support of 99 desktops was deployed on Microsoft Azure by using the Citrix Cloud framework
- Azure VPN gateway for establishing persistent connection from on premise datacenter to Azure public cloud
- Azure IAAS
- Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp 7.13
- Citrix NetScaler VPX
- Azure Import/Export service for data replication
- Azure Traffic Manager for Ingress traffic management
- Public IP addresses for published resources
This solution provided the best combination of Azure services and best practices to produce a secure DR platform and working recovery plan for our customer’s VDI farm.